Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Thrills! Take Along Swings

It's Thursday so it's time to Thrill on something (we can't only be negative that's not helpful).

Since I killed a swing I've decided to thrill on one... I was going to thrill on a car seat accessory until I remembered that I hate most of them and the one I do like wouldn't make sense following my swing kill...stay tuned I'll do it next week. ;-)

This week will be the Fisher Price Take Along Swing (other companies make them too) the one pictured below retails for $59.99 at Amazon.
Photobucket
I had a take along swing for my oldest and whoever invented that thing deserves an award of some sort. They are fantastic and of course much better and often cheaper than that moronic Car seat swing (ugh).

It's light weight and folds compactly. You can store it practically anywhere (under the crib, between the couch and the wall, in the closet, etc) and since it's light and folds up if you're going to a friend's house for a few hours you can take it with you and use that instead of leaving your kiddo in the car seat the whole time (which really irritates me).

Cons if you can call them that to the swing are it doesn't have the same features as a full size swing will have and it's low to the ground so you'll have to crouch down to put baby in it, the weight limit is also a little bit lower than it would be for a full size swing. None of those things were an issue for me, by the time my kiddo got to the weight limit she was over the allure of the swing, being low to the ground wasn't a problem I'm young and free of joint issues and the features... well... your infant does give a rip if there's a creepy penguin oggling at them anyway. I don't think my kid cared about the vibrating, music or lights that our take along swing offered so I really feel that MORE stuff on the swing would have been over kill anyway. Also keep in mind that a take along swing is about half the price of the full size fully loaded swings so if you want to pay $100+ for stuff your kid won't care about go ahead, I feel the take along is more than enough and has the added convenience of being able to go with you without taking up the entire cargo area of your car. ;-)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment